Affiliate Update-HRS Purchases SPS
June 28, 2019
The following article references Intalere (formerly known as Amerinet). HRS has been an affiliate of Intalere since the 1986. This partnership allows HRS to extend Intalere solutions, products, and services to our members as part of our core spend and supply chain management offerings.
Two of Intalere’s largest Strategic Marketing Affiliates, Health Resource Services, LLC (HRS) and Shared Purchasing Solutions (SPS), have joined forces. Effective today, June 28, 2019, HRS has purchased SPS, which was previously owned by seven hospitals in the Wisconsin Hospital Association (WHA) Western Region. This transition coincides with the retirement of current SPS Executive Director Wade Turner.
The HRS and SPS cultures are very similar, with both having a strong focus on delivering the highest level of member service, support and benefits. This organizational structure change will have minimal effect on SPS member facilities. The goal of HRS is to enhance the value and benefits the SPS membership realizes from their use of the Intalere programs and to grow the organization’s footprint to bring further collaborative value. As part of the new structure:
- The company will continue to operate as Shared Purchasing Solutions.
- Current SPS, Intalere and Intalere National Health Alliance (INHA) agreements will remain in place with no action needed from members.
- Healthcare providers affiliated with SPS will remain as Intalere members in good standing and continue to be entitled to existing SPS and Intalere pricing.
- Contracted pricing currently in place will remain unchanged through Intalere.
- HRS has hired the outstanding team members who have been servicing the SPS members for more than 10 years. Raphie Koss, Stacey Royston, Kathy Emmert, Sue Heilman and Wendy Hillertz have joined the HRS team and will continue to service and support the SPS membership. Joel Roland is retiring effective today, June 28, but will assist with the transition through July.
- Joan Hauser is joining the National Purchasing Partners (NPP) team and will be responsible for the continued development and management of the K-12 School Program.
- All SPS Alliances will continue to operate as they have in the past with support provided by the entire team.
- The entire SPS and HRS team will work collaboratively to maximize the member benefits of this organizational change.
Over the coming weeks, we will be contacting members to notify them of this change and answer any questions or concerns. In the interim, if you have any questions, please contact Randy Hawley at email@example.com or 770-331-5489, or any of the retained SPS staff.
We appreciate your support as we make this transition with the goal of enhancing the value and benefits our members enjoy.
Originally posted by Intalere.